After years of waiting, Sandi Moonites has released a new version of non-rigged MESH breasts, and they look amazing! Called Lolas Tangos, as you can see in this image. These are not un-editable rigged mesh objects that end up distorting your avatars shape and height, like a lot of mesh dresses do. You can edit these as if they were a sculpted prims. Both boobs are now one object, no longer is one boob just a mirror object of the other requiring you to flip your textures to match. The mesh model also has actual 3D collar bones that project from your chest. It reminds me of a chest plate that attaches to your chest.
It’s menu driven like all past Lola breasts before. You now have three different preset nipple shapes, like Puffy and normal. About a dozen texture for the nipples, or you can also just turn off the nipples to show the skin’s own nipple in it’s texture if you wish. Also keep in mind that both nipples are now a single object. So this means if you edit/move/resize one of them they both change. This means adding a milk/lactating particle script to them will require you to link two prims. The same rings and piercings are still there on the nipples also, but I turn them off.
With new boobs, means none of your clothing applyers will work with Tangos since it’s a totally different map.
But it’s not to far different that clothing developers can’t easily adopt to the new format. In fact you still may be able to apply your old existing clothing texture to the outer layer “shell” and simply tweaking the offsets/repeats per face settings you can probably get them to look decent.
Tangos have four layers, the outer clothing layer, the nipple overlay, a bra/bikini layer, and the inner skin layer. The bit-mapping for the skin has been aligned with avatar upper torso textures. This means if you have your skin as a texture file you can apply it directly to the skin layer of your Tangos, with a quick edit in texture offsets to make it work perfectly.
I’ll explain step by step how to apply your own avatar torso skin texture to your Lolas Tango boobs.
- Make backup copy of your LOLAS!
- In edit mode on the object, checkmark “Edit Linked.” This will allow you to select the proper object (or layer) on the breasts, otherwise you’ll end up applying the texture onto all layers and ruin them.
- Try to select the bottom skin layer object of your breasts. It can be tricky if you’re not used to editing and manipulating your camera view. You can try moving the other parts away so you can select the layer that has the skin.
- Once you have the proper layer selected, click on the Texture tab.
- Drag your torso skin texture onto the box named Texture
- Now set the following offsets:
- Repeats per face:
Horizontal (U): 0.500
Vertical (V): 0.500
- Texture Offset:
Horizontal (U): -0.25
Vertical (V): 0.25